Drinking in LA

TRAVEL TIPS, road trip journey queries, motels, coffee shops, drive-ins, bowling alleys, dinner houses, gas stations, giant objects, signs, theme parks, Disneyland, and roadside sites to see along the way

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nathan
Special Secret Modern Agent

Drinking in LA

Postby Nathan » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:40 pm

http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/i ... aland.html

Now, I for one have never had a bad night out (or day) drinking in this fair city.

At least none that I remember.

My litany of cicatrices might indicate otherwise.

In any event, the bit about stumbling into the AA meeting is pretty funny.

ChrisLAXEncounter
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ChrisLAXEncounter » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:15 am

A good article, even if a little heavy on the Southbay.

I can't believe they didn't go to the Frolic Room?

Nathan

Postby Nathan » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:38 am

A word of warning to those who read the article: prepare for salty language. Thought I'd mention that for those who steer away from such. (Of course, I could be posting an article about coprophagia, and that's not a dirty word, is it? Anyway.)

Glad they hit King Eddy's. Were I toodling these kids around, I'd see that they saw the inside of Mr. T's, Craby Joe's, Boardner's, the Valley Inn, Coach and Horses, the Roost, Tee Gee, Golden Pagoda, the Arsenal, the HMS Bounty, Cole's, Formosa, Tam O' Shanter, Tom Bergin's, and yes, of course the Frolic Room. And we'd drive out to the Jay Dee in Alhambra, damnabit! If I didn't have an 86 at the Venice Room, we'd get bounced from there too.

I suspect the "some tiki bar" mentioned is the Tiki Ti.

I don't know any of those watering holes in the Southbay. I may have to take an alcoholiday down there some time in the near future.

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:46 am

i dunno 'bout drinking in l.a.
but i'm drinking in vegas :)

L.A.kevin

Postby L.A.kevin » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:19 pm

Best Dive Bar (and yes, I don't mean "dive bar") is Footsie's.

Hands down.

Lynxwiler
Modern Guru

Postby Lynxwiler » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:17 pm

"and happy hour pulled down the sun"

What a beautiful phrase.

Return to “Roadside Rambling”