Birtcher House - H. H. Harris, Los Angeles, CA

A place to catalog, review, and discuss specific Mid Century Modern locations across the world, both past and present.

Moderators: Joe, moderns-r-us, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Josquin
Most Illustrious Grand Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Birtcher House - H. H. Harris, Los Angeles, CA

Postby Josquin » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:37 pm

Name: Birtcher House
Architect: Harwell Hamilton Harris
Year: 1941
Street: 4234 Seaview Lane
City: Los Angeles
State: California
Type: Residence
Style: Modern
Status: In existance. Modified 1941-42 for the Share Family by H. H. Harris. New owners are modifying and adding on.

Note the conversion of the former garage and the new wall in front of the sunken garden. One of HHH's masterpieces.
Last edited by Josquin on Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

home_boy
Modern Master

Postby home_boy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:28 pm

Do you have any information on the house HH Harris designed for Pauline Lowe in Altadena? It's a beautiful little house (I toured it many years ago) but I haven't been able to locate any photos or plans of it. For all I know it may no longer exist.

Josquin

Lowe House

Postby Josquin » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:39 pm

The Lowe house is still at 596 Punahou Street in Altadena. Like so many of HHH's work, the Lowe house is so unassuming that it's easy to miss.

dilettante

Postby dilettante » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:46 pm

Thank you Josquin. Your postings of great architecture are a treat for me, and I'm sure for others. Plus, you get great angles of the places you photograph!

Return to “FAVORITE BUILDINGS (and signs)”