Frey II new photos, Palm Springs, CA

A place to catalog, review, and discuss specific Mid Century Modern locations across the world, both past and present.

Moderators: Joe, moderns-r-us, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

modernvintage
Modern Socialite

Frey II new photos, Palm Springs, CA

Postby modernvintage » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:13 pm

We toured the Frey house in Palm Springs last Monday. I took some photos of some details I've never seen.

D&JW

Scroll down to see images

Click on thumbnail for slideshow

Last edited by modernvintage on Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

synthetic space
Modern Master

Postby synthetic space » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:45 am

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed your photos and also had not previously seen some of the details that you captured.

Tony
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Tony » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:12 pm

Very nice pictures. Thanks for posting those. Haven't been up there in a while. I see that they have removed the ugly aluminum and rope fence Albert put up around the pool after the City cited him for a non-confirming fence.

I wish that the Palm Springs Art Museum would open the house more for visitors. They are in direct violation of Albert's will which required that someone live in the house and that the house be open to architects and students (though not particularly the general public). This is a problem for me.

Tony
Tony Merchell

Architectural Photographer
www.glassandsteel.com

modernvintage
Modern Socialite

Postby modernvintage » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:14 pm

The docent, Patrick an architect originally from SF said that the previous director was living there with her husband. the museum recently decided someone should be using the house. it was our first visit. we spent almost an hour there. amazing space, only 1000 sq ft. we agreed we could live very comfortably in 1000, especially with views like he had. we also loved the simple materials he used. luan mahogany paneling, concrete, corrugated aluminum roof.

D&JW

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:55 am

cool photos, thanks for sharing. any way to view them without the slide show? I think I have Vertigo now :wink:

modernvintage
Modern Socialite

Postby modernvintage » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:58 pm

Joe wrote:cool photos, thanks for sharing. any way to view them without the slide show? I think I have Vertigo now :wink:

I know, it was my first try with a slide show and it doesn't give enough time to study the photos.

I really love these built in seats

This light switch has fascinated me for years

My Favorite

Return to “FAVORITE BUILDINGS (and signs)”