Willow Grove Park Lanes (RIP)

A place to catalog, review, and discuss specific Mid Century Modern locations across the world, both past and present.

Moderators: Joe, moderns-r-us, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
HodadHank
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Willow Grove Park Lanes (RIP)

Postby HodadHank » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:19 pm

Moreland and Easton RD's Willow Grove PA
openned 1961- demolished 1976

This was the largest bowling alley of it's time houseing 116 lanes, three resturants an indoor playground and banquet facilities. I grew up near this building but mostly used it's parking lot to do donuts in the snow long after it was closed. I think it's a pep boys now. There were water features outside and i'd love to find more pictures of its interior and exterior if any of you can share.

Return to “FAVORITE BUILDINGS (and signs)”