Dr Lonnie Hammagren's Open House, Sun. Oct. 28, Las Vegas

Pop culture events, tours, openings, shows, parties, monthly meetings and meetups

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lasvegaslynn
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Dr Lonnie Hammagren's Open House, Sun. Oct. 28, Las Vegas

Postby lasvegaslynn » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:44 am

Dr. Lonnie Hammargren once again opens his home for tours of massive collection of memorabilia. Here's your chance to get a look at entire collection.

1:00 pm to 5:00 pm

Dr. Lonnie opens up his home to celebrate Nevada Day and offers tours of his home and his massive collection of Nevada History.

Tours will be given!

4318 Ridgecrest Dr
(cross streets are Sandhill and Flamingo)

Friends of Classic Las Vegas will have a room where you can come and learn more about the group. Collector Carey Burke will have some of his epherma collection on display, Allen Sandquist will have some of his postcard collection on display. I will be there selling the DVD of The Story of Classic Las Vegas: An Overview as well as Classic Las Vegas tee-shirts.

In addition, we will be answering questions and handing out brochures on how you can become a Friend of Classic Las Vegas and taking memberships.

We will also being have an hourly raffle of unique baskets of Las Vegas history as well as face painting and other fun activities so be sure to join us at Dr. Lonnie's on Oct. 28th.

We hope to see you there!
Lynn in Sherman Oaks

www.classiclasvegas.squarespace.com (blog)

www.classiclasvegas.com (website)

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:31 pm

thanks for posting this lynn,

several other AAA folks are planning on being in attendance.
so you think we could add a stack of AAA brochures along the classic las vegas stuff?

lasvegaslynn
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby lasvegaslynn » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:34 pm

FG,

I'd be glad to have them on my table!

Josh Geidel
Modern Socialite

Postby Josh Geidel » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:57 pm

What a great event!
And an amazing house!

Thanks to Dr. Lonnie for so graciously inviting us all into his home, truly one of the most unique and noteworthy places I have seen.

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:25 pm

for those curious about what this was all about...
there are quite a few flicker accounts featuring photos from this past weekend - roadpictures, vintage vegas, etc.

also, lynn - i have the list of names/emails i need to get to you.
thanks for letting AAA tag along at your table.

roadsidepictures
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby roadsidepictures » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:05 pm

The Castaways was located where the Mirage Hotel volcano is.

Return to “Modern Calendar of Events”