robbhouston on Next American Band...

Pop culture events, tours, openings, shows, parties, monthly meetings and meetups

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
STLModern
Modern Master

robbhouston on Next American Band...

Postby STLModern » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:44 am

robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby robbhouston » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:55 am

http://www.nashvillemodern.com
A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

STLModern
Modern Master

Postby STLModern » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:20 am

If you get a chance go to You can schedule a visit to see Koenigs Case Study house #22 Mrs. Stahl and her daughter live there and conduct the tours. I was there in March and it was awesome! Meeting Mrs. Stahl and talking with her about the past was a great experience. It was just me, my Wife and my friend, Mrs. Stahl and her daughter made us feel completely at home.

We also went to the Balboa Highlands Eichler tract in Granada Hills just north of LA on the 5. Definitely worth the drive! Take a camera!

SoMo
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SoMo » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:57 am

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:49 pm

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:05 pm

robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby robbhouston » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:58 pm

Alright....my friends at Lotta Livin have tuned in.... :) Yeah...!

Yes, it's on every Fri evening. It's moved to a new time, however. Starting next Fri. Dec. 7th it'll be on at 8pm Central - 9pm Eastern. My band is still hanging in there after 7 weeks of shows. You can see all the past performnaces on the msn site mentioned before. But FYI, that site runs pretty slow. There's a great YouTube page that has all the band's performances. And it's always up to date...

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kaykohl

The way the show works is...all the bands prepare to play each week, but there's always one that doesn't get to. That is, if they didn't get enough call-in votes. It's just like American Idol (same producers actually). So, you'll at least "see" us on TV next week. If we play will depend on our votes from last week's show. You get the idea...

Wish us luck....tell your friends.... :)

--Robb
http://www.nashvillemodern.com

A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:33 pm

bananabobs
Modern Master

Postby bananabobs » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:39 am

Tonight is the night to catch robbhouston and his band Sixwire on Fox Network and be sure to help out a fellow LL member by voting for Sixwre tonight, it's getting down to the wire for them. 8/7 central
(I could be a TV announcer!)
BTW if you have not heard country music for a while, be sure to tune in and see that it's not Cowboy music any more, for us die-hards that's a shame but you will like the contemoray sound.

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:05 pm

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:31 pm

Fat Bottom Girls do make the rockin world go round!
"Better Living Through Modernism"

STLModern
Modern Master

Postby STLModern » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:10 pm

Great performance last night Rob. I think you guys will do real well and I hope you make it all the way.

The one thing that I would suggest is that you ask your singer to consider changing his hair style to something a little more young and hip. It will make him look younger and appeal more to the younger audience as well. Just a thought, the Wife and I had disscussed.

Dan

STLModern
Modern Master

Postby STLModern » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:51 pm

Let's help our buddy Robb out!

Tonight is the last show that viewers can vote on. And votes from this show determine the winner of the whole thing.

Here are the details...

- Friday Dec. 14th, 9pm Easter/Pacific - 8pm Central, on the Fox Network
- 3 bands perform. Voting after that show determines THE WINNER (winner announced on finale show, Dec. 21st)
- Voting begins at the end of the show, lines are open for 2 hours, vote as much as you like, the call is free.

http://www.sixwire.com
http://nextgreatband.msn.com

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:25 pm

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:08 pm

bananabobs
Modern Master

Postby bananabobs » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:44 pm

You were robbed, (no pun intended) I voted and I watched, you guys had it all, however remember the old show business adage, never work with kids or animals and the kids won again.
Still the silver lining has got to be the huge exposure you got! This can only be the beginning not the end. You guys rock!

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

So......

Postby modfan » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:16 am

R ya into the 'new media' like that band who said you can download their song for free and pay voluntarily or that band who had the video on the running machines and not have to depend on old media?
Interesting to see how this all turns out.

Return to “Modern Calendar of Events”