HUGE Vintage Stuff GARAGE SALE - Sherman Oaks, CA Oct. 10-11

Pop culture events, tours, openings, shows, parties, monthly meetings and meetups

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

HUGE Vintage Stuff GARAGE SALE - Sherman Oaks, CA Oct. 10-11

Postby Futura Girl » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:15 pm

First of all - if there are ANY lotta Living members who wish to set up a table at our sale - please let me know - the more the merrier!!!

Huge Garage Sale Coming Soon!
4436 Katherine Avenue Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
down the street from the Sherman Oaks Library.

Saturday, October 10 9AM – 4 PM
Sunday, October 11 10AM – 2PM

Half price deals on Sunday day to sell everything that's not sold on Saturday.
We cleaned out 4 houses in Las Vegas and have a ton of stuff. This is like an estate sale, we just did the pulling things out of the drawers and cabinets for you. There will be something for everyone! Lots of cheap junk for nickle and dime shoppers and nicer items for diamond in the rough collectors.

Danish Mid Century Modern hutch, tools, ladder, electronic and plumbing supplies, kitchen tools, cutlery, knifes, toaster oven, 2 window air conditioners, expensive twin aero bed, queen air mattress, 3 1940’s metal patio chairs, portable stripper pole! vintage ashtrays, 1950’s tier formica corner table, 2 1960’s designer white wire patio rocker chairs, black wire chair, stacking wire metal tables, original 1960’s framed vintage oil painting, cocktail stuff, tiki mugs, drapes from Caesar's Palace, couple of board games, stack of white Ikea curtains, door knob parts, vintage green Hollywood Regency chandelier, Eichler glass globes, newer thrift store clothes, good vintage clothing, mens size medium and womens 8-12 and such, 2 etched vintage crystal glasses, shovels, hotel tv, frames, round tufted vinyl lounge chair from some bar, 1970’s Gretch toms, black felt english bowler, retro ephemera, books, 1960s Melmac brown and pattern coffee cup set, black leather jacket, vintage turquoise adjustable plastic dress form, case of 35 martini glasses (missing 1 from 3 dozen), tennis racket, racketball racket, king size gold vinyl headboard, quika persussion drum, and a set of crazy gold curtains from a 1960s house in Holmby Hills (need cleaning and a new liner but still have fabulous life in them) and soooooo much more i can't even begin to list.

Silent Auction Item - Rare molded plastic tiki from the Hala Kahiki in Chicago, IL
We're gonna do a crazy thing and have a silent auction for one special item - so you don't have to sweat being the first there. We just really want this to go to the person who wants them the most, not the first person who arrives. SPREAD THE NEWS TO YOUR TIKI FRIENDS!

PLEASE NO EARLY BIRDS
Hit your earlier 7AM and 8AM sales FIRST then swing by around 9AM Please do not show up at 7AM and sorry - no you can't come by and just get in to get that one item around 8AM
See you there!!!!!

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:44 am

more stuff to add:
gently used hello kitty bike by nerve
king sized platform bed and mattress
double sized futon
lane coffee table
2 beatup fiberglass eames chairs
full sized fridge
great looking vintage Sony home stereo WITH 8 TRACK player with cool speakers!!!
newer sony am/fm radio cd player with speakers
another TV
more tiki mugs and tiki decorations!

Michael P. says he's coming with some white wire bertoia chairs and maybe some other things!

maybe we'll initiate a midmod swap meet!?!

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:38 pm

1960s melmac brown and pattern coffee cup set, beatup black leather jacket, vintage turquoise adjustable plastic dress form, case of 35 martini glasses (missing 1 from 3 dozen)

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:47 am

I plan to be there with vintage chrome stuff for the bar and the kitchen and some ceramics.

Check it all out at

All priced at "everything must go" prices.
scowsa

annie
Modern Fan

Postby annie » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:43 am

Futura Girl, I would like to sell some things at your sale. I sent you a private message. Thanks!

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:28 pm

yup - annie - come on down and please post to all yer friends to come on by and buy buy buy
:cheers2:

---------------
We got the truck from las vegas and have been unloading since dawn. It's 9PM AND we're still not finished!!!
(my apologies to the folks I told we could show stuff to today - I underestimated the amount of stuff and work to set up today. I have not been near the computer to get in touch with you until now)

-------------------------------------------------
Unpacking we found more items:
1960s or 1970s mini electronic plastic organ!
box of 1950s-1970s disney collectibles,
bunch of vintage postcards of la. and other places,
couple more herman miller chairs - this time from Ship's Culver City, another art deco end table, 2 tiered formica end tables
OLD aluminum christmas tree in box, ***
ALL the usual household items: glassware, pots, pans, towels, sheets (king and queen) dishes, frames, microwave oven, 2 toaster ovens, blender,
TONS of garage garbage: switch plates, hardware, tools, chainsaw, chisels, 2 spray guns, extension cords, shower fixtures, box of incandescent light bulbs, box of spray paint
JVC 5 disc CD player, am fm sansui receiver, lexmark printer, dvd player, scanner, modem,

Vintage Hoover Constellation vaccuum!!! it's a real working HOVERCRAFT!!!
Swizzle sticks, green glass float
New Old Stock IN BOX - Nutone intercom system outlets!!!
8mm projector with extra bulb (Chinon 4000 GL)

and also - i previously misspelled the bike - a nice pretty pink Hello Kitty bicycle by NIRVE

don't miss the rest of the list here!
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/gm ... 71477.html

Please be polite, patient and courteous if it's crowded.
And please leave the kids at home for this one folks.
Thanks and have a fun day!

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:57 pm

what a fun day!
lots of great folks came and helped!!! thank you!

let's do it again sometime - why, how about tomorrow, sunday?

that's rght folks we're open from10-2ish tomorrow.
lots of great stuff still left.
some heywood wakefield-ESQUE tables,
bertoia chairs
herman miller eames chairs and folding table.
and lots of fun small tchotchkies.

most everything is 1/2 off sunday!

see ya there.

hiltiki
Modern Fan

Postby hiltiki » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:21 am

We had a lot of fun too, thanks for all the gifts, the bamboo wind chime is fixed and in the tiki hut. Maybe I will see you again today.

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:58 pm

hiltiki - great to see you, too!!! PM me your phone number please.

i'm happy to say that Tiki Hai Steve from Ships Traders Antiques of Adventure won the Vintage Hala Mala Tiki!!!
Congrats!

Return to “Modern Calendar of Events”