Southern CA, KCET Airs "Julius Shulman: Desert Modern &

Pop culture events, tours, openings, shows, parties, monthly meetings and meetups

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Thoroughly Modern Michael
Modern Fan

Southern CA, KCET Airs "Julius Shulman: Desert Modern &

Postby Thoroughly Modern Michael » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:33 pm

KCET (Public Television) to air "Julius Shulman: Desert Modern" on Thursday, February 11th at 8:30 PM. It will air it again on KCET Desert Cities Sunday, Feb. 14th at 8 PM.

The film focuses on Shulman's remarkable 70-year documentation of the renowned Mid-Century Modern architecture in the Palm Springs area. Shulman, at the age of 97, describes with humor and insight his artistic intentions and the back story to some of his most legendary photographs. The DVD showcases Shulman's inspired photography of the architecture of Richard Neutra (Kaufmann house and the Maslon residence), Albert Frey (Frey House I), John Lautner (Elrod house), E. Stewart Williams (Frank Sinatra estate and the Palm Springs Art Museum), Palmer and Krisel (Alexander houses) and William Cody (Spa Hotel and the Shamel residence).

Check it out!

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:08 pm

this was really nice to watch - thankfully i just made it home in time.
also nice to see the huell interview afterwards!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Modern Calendar of Events”