Modern Committee Holiday Party?

Pop culture events, tours, openings, shows, parties, monthly meetings and meetups

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

davidk6
Special Secret Modern Agent
Location: LA one month in winter and one month in summer; NJ suburbs of NYC the rest of the year

Modern Committee Holiday Party?

Postby davidk6 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:28 pm

Any idea when/where?
Marxist Philosophy: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

sky
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Re: Modern Committee Holiday Party?

Postby sky » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:52 pm

davidk6 wrote:Any idea when/where?

It was last Monday at the USC Religous Center. For future reference, it appears that the best source for what's going on at Modcom is their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Los-Ange ... 0842213795

(And it looks like there's a new breed of polite spammers from Asia on Lotta Living!)

nredom
Modern Master

Re: Modern Committee Holiday Party?

Postby nredom » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:44 pm

sky wrote:(And it looks like there's a new breed of polite spammers from Asia on Lotta Living!)

Well, Spam is more Midcentury Modern than Facebook, so maybe our friend from Pakistan is in just the right place, saying just what he needs to say. Sarcasm might as well be in a triple dose, too, I guess, just in case you don't get it the first time... :D

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:30 am

I always wonder, speaking of the spammers, if it is just the innocence's exercise of language skills or perhaps a secret encoded message. If it's the latter, then I am amused as it always reminds me of the lines in "The Court Jester" (Danny Kaye 1955) :

Hawkins: I've got it! I've got it! The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true! Right?
Griselda: Right. But there's been a change: they broke the chalice from the palace!
Hawkins: They *broke* the chalice from the palace?
Griselda: And replaced it with a flagon.
Hawkins: A flagon...?
Griselda: With the figure of a dragon.
Hawkins: Flagon with a dragon.
Griselda: Right.
Hawkins: But did you put the pellet with the poison in the vessel with the pestle?
Griselda: No! The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon! The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!
Hawkins: The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.
Griselda: Just remember that.

Return to “Modern Calendar of Events”