Welton Becket event

Pop culture events, tours, openings, shows, parties, monthly meetings and meetups

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Welton Becket event

Postby nichols » Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:25 pm

Just to clarify for you folks on the fence about attending this terrific program. It's not some run-of-the mill lecture. Your single ticket entitles you to ALL of the following:

Screening of a great new film by Alan Leib, utilizing vintage clips and new music from The Millionaire, of Combustible Edison fame.

A stimulating Lecture by Alan Hess, author of Googie, Viva Las Vegas and
Palm Springs Weekend.

A lavishly illustrated 64-page booklet (the first new work on Becket in over 30 years, and available nowhere else!)

An exhibition (including the golden shovel from the groundbreaking at Century City in 1959, Bernard Rosenthal art from Welton Becket's private office, color renderings AND MORE)

Designers from the firm reunited on stage discussing their work with architect Leo Marmol.

AND

A self-driven and docent-guided tour on March 8th including the
HOUSE OF TOMORROW!

All this in the newly restored CINERAMA DOME in HOLLYWOOD!

Hope you all can make it!

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:39 pm

House of Tomorrow? Can you explain more? I've heard of it but am not that familiar with it.
Last edited by I_LUV_POWER!!!! on Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adriene
Modern Master

Postby Adriene » Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:41 am

...and the Store of Tomorrow, too! Bullocks Pasadena!

scottkaycee
Modern Master

Ordered my tix

Postby scottkaycee » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:17 pm

Ah! I ordered my tickets, but I put the wrong e-mail address and neglected to include my S.A.S.E., and I don't know who to contact in regards to my omission... If any one involved could give me some info I'd appreciate it, i can't wait to go!

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:43 am

Call this number: 213/623-3909. When you call, you may get a voice message, but they're good about returning calls. You may want to give them your e-mail and tell them the SASE is on its way.

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:56 am

That's the FAX number. You can call 213-623-2489 and ask for Annie.

That's also the number to call if you want to order tickets.

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:49 pm

Is the Dome going to validate for parking in their lot?
Last edited by I_LUV_POWER!!!! on Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:50 pm

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:14 am

I think parking is two bucks with validation.
Look for us in today's LA Weekly! Nice piece!

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:24 am

Return to “Modern Calendar of Events”