BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S SATURDAY @ HOLLYWOOD FOREVER!

Pop culture events, tours, openings, shows, parties, monthly meetings and meetups

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

voxfuzz
Modern Master

BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S SATURDAY @ HOLLYWOOD FOREVER!

Postby voxfuzz » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:21 pm

BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S
Directed By Blake Edwards
Saturday, July 23rd
Gates at 7:30
Film at 9:00
Hollywood Forever Cemetery
6000 Santa Monica Blvd at Gower
$10 admission Parking is Free

Audrey at her best! Charming, wild and beautiful, Holly Golightly is justifiably one of the most memorable characters in cinema. Adapted from the novella by Truman Capote, Edwards crafts a masterpiece of sparkling wit, dizzying comedy and true romance. When writer Paul Varjak moves into a new apartment building, he is swept up in the whirlwind that is his next door neighbor, infamous mod scenester Holly Golightly. Only love can rescue Holly from a life as a professional gold-digger. One of the most romantic films of all times!

Bring blankets, picnic dinner and drinks for this special screening below (and above) the stars.
DJ Jun spins before and after the screening
Pre show imagery provided by Filmartgallery.com

FOR MORE INFO OR TO JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST VISIT:
www.cemeteryscreenings.com

Join our myspace page at: http://www.myspace.com/cemeteryscreenings for blogs, pictures and info
Kind regards,
Cinespia

mtwall
Modern Master

Postby mtwall » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:41 pm

Screening in the cemetery? Hmmm... I like to stay away from cemeteries while alive. More than enough time to spend there when I'm not.

voxfuzz
Modern Master

Postby voxfuzz » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:27 pm

perhaps...but the $10 goes towards the upkeep and restoration of the cemetery and all it's history...besides, it's fun to get drunk on red wine in a cemetery....food and drink allowed!

Buddies Lounge
Modern Socialite

Postby Buddies Lounge » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:01 am

I've always wondered if they show film or digital/DVD for these cemetery screenings? Anyone know for sure?

JW

spinsLPs
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby spinsLPs » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:27 am

davidk6
Special Secret Modern Agent
Location: LA one month in winter and one month in summer; NJ suburbs of NYC the rest of the year

"seating?"

Postby davidk6 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:52 pm

Marxist Philosophy: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

voxfuzz
Modern Master

Postby voxfuzz » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:22 pm

It's a large open field with no graves beneath your bottom...the security doesn't even allow one to wander off the main path after the movie either....it's all done quite respectfully. They are screening "Carrie" tomorrow night...be sure to get there early to get a seat/parking spot!

D

http://www.clubaugogo.com

davidk6
Special Secret Modern Agent
Location: LA one month in winter and one month in summer; NJ suburbs of NYC the rest of the year

Postby davidk6 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:30 pm

Marxist Philosophy: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

T-Minus 2 hours!

Postby nichols » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:29 pm

and TONITE!!!
at the Egyptian...

Friday, July 29 – 7:30 PM

Cinema Classics:

BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY’S, 1961, Paramount, 115 min. Dir. Blake Edwards. With George Peppard, Mickey Rooney. "I've got to do something about the way I look. I mean a girl just can't go to Sing Sing with a green face," – so sighs Audrey Hepburn’s girl-about-town Holly Golightly, breezing ever-so-gently through the real world with hardly a ripple. Adapted from Truman Capote’s bestselling romance by director Blake Edwards (THE PINK PANTHER, THE PARTY) and writer George Axelrod, and featuring what is arguably Henry Mancini’s greatest score, highlighted by the lovely, bittersweet "Moon River." Post-screening Cocktail party and pre-screening Fashion Show co-presented with the Art Deco Society LA and the LA Conservancy Modernism Committee featuring fashions by Peggy Hunt and Jeanette Alexander.

Introduction to the screening by Producer Dick Shapard, Casting Director Marvin Paige and Actress Miriam Nelson.

An Egyptian Theatre Exclusive!

Buddies Lounge
Modern Socialite

Postby Buddies Lounge » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:07 am

...and in 35mm too!!!

MsJVonFink
Modern Socialite

Carrie

Postby MsJVonFink » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:18 pm

Saw Carrie last weekend. That was too much fun... though I suppose the wine did help! I recommend going, but get there early.
Note to anyone who goes: If it's packed, don't take the first seats on the left side of the screen, the sound is super bad, echo to the max. Cram yourself into a spot either between the speakers or on the right side.

Return to “Modern Calendar of Events”