Temple City, CA - Dinner at a 1953 Chinese restaurant 3/6

Pop culture events, tours, openings, shows, parties, monthly meetings and meetups

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Temple City, CA - Dinner at a 1953 Chinese restaurant 3/6

Postby nichols » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:05 pm

Our friends at the Temple City Historical Society are putting on a casual benefit at one of the oldest restaurants in the San Gabriel Valley - the 1953 Ye Loy. Just a few minutes from Pasadena. Have a modestly priced dinner where a percentage of the proceeds are donated to this great organization.

I'll be heading in with a group around 7:30 - and they're open until 10.

Ye Loy Chinese Food
9406 Las Tunas Dr, Temple City, CA 91780
(626)286-2217

TCManny
Modern Groupie

Ever see A Christmas Story?

Postby TCManny » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:17 pm

Ever see A Christmas Story?...

...well its not that place, but looks just like it!

Come eat -- 15% of your bill goes to the Temple City Historical Society!

Click the link below to print out your flyer, then leave it with your bill to support history.

Link:

The food is excellent! The chef hails from the famous Panda Inn, which means you have to try the orange chicken! Yum :P

Pull up a chair, be sure to say hi to the young guy :h:

-- Prez Manny

nredom
Modern Master

Postby nredom » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:53 pm

Please tell me they turn that sign on. I'll understand if not all of it works, as the ravages of time over 53 years are considerable, but just tell me that they at least know they have a neon sign and make an effort to flip the switch every day when the sky goes dark. Please.

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:50 pm

I think a huge table full of crazy mods chanting for neon could convince them to turn it on and keep it on. Come down on Monday. :cheers2:

LAOperaMan
Modern Master
Location: Los Angeles, in the land Toluca Lake and sometimes in the OC, south of the gates to hell

Postby LAOperaMan » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:41 pm

DECK THE HARS WIF BARS ORF HAH-REE FRA RA RA RA RAA RA RA RARAAAA!
TIS DEH SEASON TO BRE JAH-REY....................

Ahhh, A Christmas Story!

Where would December be without it............................

Chinese Food, Serving Hungry Jewish Familys on December 25
since 1849!
Watch less Television (save for the Food Network and PBS), go to more art museums, listen to NPR, attend more Theatre and Opera, and you will be a better person!!!!!!!
DO IT NOW!!!!!!

Adriene
Modern Master

Postby Adriene » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:58 am

I love Ye Loy, wish I could've joined you guys! Did they turn their sign on?!

TCManny
Modern Groupie

THANK YOU FOR ATTENDING!

Postby TCManny » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:57 pm

Thank you MODCOMers for attending the successful Dine-Out at Ye Loy Chinese Food!! The Historical Society truely appreciates your active support. Your turnout was truly the highlight of the night -- I think you worked the Ye Loy staff to death...

...as for the sign, I will see where I can take this momentum. Perhaps we can fix up this glorious sign! :idea:

-- Prez Manny

LAOperaMan
Modern Master
Location: Los Angeles, in the land Toluca Lake and sometimes in the OC, south of the gates to hell

Postby LAOperaMan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:25 am

Good times.........

It was the best rainy Monday night in Temple City at a Chinese Karaoke bar singing lonuge classics I've ever had.......... this year.........

Return to “Modern Calendar of Events”