FRI & SAT Nov 1 / 2 Celebrate Eichlers event in the Bay

Pop culture events, tours, openings, shows, parties, monthly meetings and meetups

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

FRI & SAT Nov 1 / 2 Celebrate Eichlers event in the Bay

Postby Futura Girl » Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:47 pm

Celebrate Eichlers, a first-of-its-kind showcase saluting the first 50 years of Eichler Homes and the 11,000 residences that comprise the scores of Eichler developments in California, is coming to Palo Alto November 1 and 2.

Produced by the non-profit Eichler 'Historic Quest' committee, a volunteer group which has four applications on file for the Eichlers with the National Register of Historic Places, in affiliation with the Palo Alto Historical Association.

The two-day event is FREE and open to all.

For more info http://www.eichlernetwork.com/ENCookin.html
Last edited by Futura Girl on Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:25 pm

Are you going, M-M?

I'll be there on Friday, November 1. I am skipping work and chatching a $99 junket from PDX to SJ. I plan to tour several Eichler and Cliff May neighborhoods, eat lunch at In-n-Out, and hope to meet some mod-commers and Eichler afficianatos.

Oh, ya, go to a DWR store to test out a couch (meta!), and check out a couple of Eames Lounge chairs in SJ that a friend is selling to me.

Should be FUN!

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:37 am

unfortunately i won't be able to go. i am doing a private tour for MONA and LACMA that weekend which i agreed to before the Eichler date was set. Adriene, our Modcom Residential Chair wil be there though!
I am really bummed about missing it, but will do the Orange tour later on.

Adriene
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Adriene » Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:04 pm

Hi, Joe...I'll be there! We HQ folks have been working hard putting this event together for everyone.

ALAN HESS will be speaking on November 1st so you'll wanna catch him!

Keep your fingers crossed that the new Eichler books arrive in time...they had been circling the waters awhile waiting for the west coast port strike to end.

If anyone would like to receive a press release, e-mail me at astroluxe@mindspring.com

Look forward to meeting you, Joe! Loved your article on the Rummers!

Adriene

ILikeEich
Modern Socialite

"Celebrate Eichlers!"

Postby ILikeEich » Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:58 pm

I'll see you there too. There are about 20 Eichler owners from Orange that will be making the trip up and a number of people on my "Eichler Enthusiasts" mailing list. I hear from Marty Arbunich, one of the authors of the new Eichler book, that the books very well may not be there in time. The publisher was able to give him five copies so we will be able to preview the book before it is officially available.

Stephanie (eichlersocal.com)

Adriene
Modern Master

Postby Adriene » Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:49 am

Return to “Modern Calendar of Events”