1962 Modern Martiniland update picture/w link!

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Paul
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

1962 Modern Martiniland update picture/w link!

Postby Paul » Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:52 am

Aloha Mary-Margaret and all you modern people!
Thought you might get a kick seeing some pictures of what we've been doing with our 1962 modern Streng Bros. home here in Sacramento. The link will take you to a page where you can see some before pictures as well as the new after pictures. http://www.pariarts.com/mus/martini.html
The kitchen is a '62 GE all electric dream! It has the original pushbutton stove and oven and they work great. Richard stripped all the wood cabinets and refinished them and I painted all the doors. We have plans for a built-in buffet bar on the right side of the kitchen - maybe next year. I've got to learn how to work formica - I don't think it's that difficult.
We tore out the old carpets and put new tiles throughout the main rooms. Also we de-cottage cheesed the whole place, I think we started the second day after we moved in!
When we moved in last December we had no modern furniture - just a lot of great antiques from the old house. We sold most and gave some away. Richard decided to furnish the house with new furniture rather than period pieces - because it would be easier to start with. Almost all the furniture in the pictures came from 'Copenhagen' furniture store up here, a great place for reasonable modern.
We've still got a long way to go - lots more ideas - and the new tikiland in the back is in progress - we'll have some new pictures of it in the months to come. (My giant Chinese bamboo is coming along beautifully!)
The only thing I miss about the old house is the pool! I have plans for a small tropical lagoon/wading pool kind of inspired by the gorgeous pool at the Futura House, but not as elaborate - I really like the idea of the wading section.
That's all for now -
Cheers,
Paul

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:15 am

oh my gosh... w w w w wo wo wow
the before and after kitchen is amazing - the colors are phenomenol!
\:D/

i'm so inspired... i gotta get my vegas pics up - man you guys have been BUSY!!! so glad to hear from you - keep us posted on every last detail ok?

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Streng Homes

Postby modfan » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:42 pm

Paul
Modern Fan

Postby Paul » Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:41 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”