Best pic hosting site? photobucket, kodak, flicr, snapfish,

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
donsof1
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Best pic hosting site? photobucket, kodak, flicr, snapfish,

Postby donsof1 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:09 am

Hi
If you are like me, you are moving your pictures because yahoo is getting out of picture hosting. They offer an easy migration, to one of these picture hosting websites. I think photobucket looks more powerful for ebay useage, but does anyone have an opinion? Do you prefer any free web picture site over another?

photobucket
kodak
flicr
snapfish
shutterfly

thanks

spinsLPs
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby spinsLPs » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:01 pm

I have a pro account with Flickr. Great site for eBay or storing pics or even spying on some great photos of mid-century modern homes and furnishings.

srk1941
Modern Master

Postby srk1941 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:24 am

Flickr is the best, I agree with Spins Lps...
Steven Keylon
Village Green - National Historic Landmark

dilettante

Postby dilettante » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:46 am

Like spins, srk1941 and a number of other lotta livin members, I use Flickr. As spins says, there are lots of great photos of mid-century modern homes on Flickr and the tagging and searching tools make it easy to find them.

As to which service is best - sorry, I didn't do any comparisons before I chose Flickr.

Perks

Postby Perks » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:23 am

Andy Perkins, Broker/Owner

Stephen
Modern Guru

Postby Stephen » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:11 am

donsof1
Modern Fan

Postby donsof1 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:54 pm

Hi all,
Thanks for the input.... I like that pbase site as well. It seemed less add intensive.

I was able to use photobucket within a few minutes, linked pictures to a web forum like this one, and found it could host ebay photos as well.

It seems like Flicr is very similar to the old yahoo photos format? I am kind of suprised most of you didn't give photobucket higher marks. I need to look at Flicr closer!

thanks

danny leisure
Modern Socialite

Postby danny leisure » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:16 pm

Picasa for actual sharing.

Flickr for showing off.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”