Acid stained floor

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MiMo
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Acid stained floor

Postby MiMo » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:41 am

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:29 am

MiMo
Modern Groupie

Postby MiMo » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:38 am

Thanks Egads. I redid Been in trouble spots, but the concrete was porous in some spaces and after I was done I saw its not gonna be virgin concrete after all. I think Been did good job. I have ditched acid stain floor idea I will join group of VCT floored houses.

Stephen
Modern Guru

Postby Stephen » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:19 pm

One thing not mentioned is that often times concrete flooring contractors lay a thin leveling / repair coat of concrete and acid stain that rather than the original slab.

Despite what TV shows depict, most people do not have perfect, virgin slabs underneath their floors just waiting to be uncovered.
Stephen Meade
SoCal Realtor - DRE 01378749
Pacific West Assoc. of Realtors President-Elect
http://www.OCModHomes.com
http://www.CliffMaySocal.com
and
Cliff May Homeowner

Miguel
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Miguel » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:55 pm

The slab in my house was far from being "virgin"... it had some settling cracks, and quite a bit of carpet nail holes. After polishing, some of the defects are still noticeable, but I don't mind it at all... I think it gives character to the house, after all it is the original slab (something like the defects in a old slab terazzo or marble floor).

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”