FALLINGWATER

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

FALLINGWATER

Postby rockland » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:09 am

just in case some haven't seen this...
http://www.etereaestudios.com/movies/fa ... mov_qt.htm

MD²
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby MD² » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:23 pm

Fantastic animation!
And it looks a whole lot better than when I last visited it too!
But IMHO, the credits are otherwise way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way....
Way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way too long/slow.

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:27 pm

did you have fun?
pretty great...

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:22 pm

Yeah, I enjoyed that. I could only wish that the short fly-overs/fly-bys/fly-throughs had been allowed to go on longer, allowing a more thorough study of the forms and spaces.

Thanks ! SDR
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

momp57
Modern Socialite

Postby momp57 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:35 pm

Wow, that was fun. Having just visited this Summer, it all seemed so fresh in my mind.

classic form

Postby classic form » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:37 am

Nice...I had to stop half way through, I haven't been yet and thought that It might diminish the effect of seeing it for the first time. I don't even look at pictures of it if I can help it.

For those who had issues with the times of the animation...click and hold the "ball" on the slider, you can move it along the point faster or slower etc...

robbhouston

Postby robbhouston » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:28 am

Hmm...for some reason my browser played only the audio (my system...Mac, Safari v2.0.4, QuickTime v7.2.0). Oh well...

This might be the same animation I've seen on YouTube, rendered using the 3D gaming environment for the action game Half Life...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tqsk4WARk2I

There's a bunch of material on Fallingwater (and other works of FLW) on YouTube. Just do a search...

Here's a 7 minute piece on Fallingwater put out by Park City TV in 2006...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gSRXHl9RbbU

Cool stuff!

--Robb
http://www.nashvillemodern.com
A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

jesgord
Modern Master

Postby jesgord » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:13 am

Stephen
Modern Guru

Postby Stephen » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:03 am

Stephen Meade
SoCal Realtor - DRE 01378749
Pacific West Assoc. of Realtors President-Elect
http://www.OCModHomes.com
http://www.CliffMaySocal.com
and
Cliff May Homeowner

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

FYI-I just saw Fallingwater a few days

Postby modfan » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:25 am

Scott NC
Modern Master

Postby Scott NC » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:33 am

awww, the website's owner took all his videos down due to bandwidth. Did anyone save this and can repost?

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:42 am

Sorry -- which one ?

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:09 pm

they have pulled it. but Eterea site does come up. not the film as i originally
posted. still some great stuff. follow it and the film is directed to still play,
just a bit difficult to navigate. and some good links to interesting things.

will-san
Modern Fan

Postby will-san » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:10 am

speaking of falling water have you guys seen

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:01 am

Thanks, will-san. One of the other videos presented there is a longer version of another we've seen -- a "realistic" computer animation of Fallingwater, inside and out. This one takes us up the serpentine covered walk to the guest quarters and (eventually) up the drive above the house and into the garage structure connected to the guest house. I've never seen images of that interior (murkily lit though it be) or the upper drive.

Another (to the track of Art Garfunkel's "So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright") includes all kinds of images, including buildings which are not Wright's.

Thanks for the link ! SDR

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:43 am

if anyone missed it, here it is again...

http://www.etereaestudios.com/docs_html ... index.htm#

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”