I'm new round these parts, here's a peek at my humble abode.

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mr. Modtomic
Modern Socialite

Postby Mr. Modtomic » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:02 pm

Paid 49k five years ago. It's not real big but I don't have kids or anything and my GF has a place in South City (Tower Grove East-St. Louis Mo) so it's just all me, me, me! Two bedrooms but one has become a movie room complete with stadium seating. My living room has become a Tiki bar. And if you're interested you can check out my Kitchen and Bathroom on HGTV-Rate my space. Use the link below the pic.

http://ratemyspace.hgtv.com/SNC/ViewIte ... 340cbfac4a

dilettante
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: I'm new round these parts, here's a peek at my humble ab

Postby dilettante » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:13 pm

Whodoo,
Nice looking place! As per your info, I went to mySpace and looked at your 4 Kitchen pictures. I noticed you stated that you wanted to paint the cabinets and change the floor. Your decision, of course, but just out of curiosity, are those the original cabinets and do they open via finger cups routed into the backside of the doors? Also, what material is the kitchen flooring?

I guess I'm asking because, if they're original, they look awfully nice as is.

Nice work!

wwilber
Modern Master

Postby wwilber » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:04 pm

Great stove and fridge! They work well in your space.

I'm not familiar with your neighborhood, where are you located? You can check some photos of my neighborhood at the link below.

nathan
My neighborhood:

wwilber
Modern Master

Postby wwilber » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:06 pm

Great stove and fridge! They work well in your space.

I'm not familiar with your neighborhood, where are you located? You can check some photos of my neighborhood at the link below.

nathan
My neighborhood:

Mr. Modtomic
Modern Socialite

Postby Mr. Modtomic » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:45 pm

I'm far up north of the airport in Florissant near Lindberg and Florissant Rd. I'm just far enough away from the airport that I never hear the planes. I was in bed last night just after turning off the TV and marveled at how utterly silent my neighborhood was!

STLModern
Modern Master

Postby STLModern » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:55 pm

Ok, now there are three of us in STL! We all need to get together sometime. :cheers:

Mr. Modtomic
Modern Socialite

Re: I'm new round these parts, here's a peek at my humble ab

Postby Mr. Modtomic » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:58 pm

LaurelB
Modern Fan

Postby LaurelB » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:59 pm

Whodoo - I grew up in your neighborhood! We called it "the flat-tops". Lots of the houses in the hood were originally redwood, but early on folks got tired of that and started painting over it. I remember houses in all sorts of pastel colors, though the one I grew up in stayed redwood - had to be re-stained periodically. They were really cool little houses, with black vinyl tile throughout with radiant heat, built-in shelves, basically well planned small spaces. Good luck with your house - it looks great. I live in Austin, TX, but my daughter and her husband live very close to you in a 60s ranch - close to the intersection of Florissant Road and Lindbergh.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”