Landmark Cohen "carousel" house slated for demolit

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

domus48
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby domus48 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:58 am

9602 Moonlight Drive: Linchpin for Change

I wish I had done more and sooner – not that that would have altered the course for this house.

I wish that there existed a greater respect for Houston’s history as represented by significant architecture

I wish governing bodies could step-up and accept responsibility for protecting architectural resources

I wish that our (Houston's) collective legacy was one of preservation rather than destruction – in the name of progress

I wish that developers had less power and neighborhood associations and/or preservation groups had more

This we can be assured of: The destruction of 9602 Moonlight Drive will serve as a linchpin/catalyst for change. Activism is the key to paradigm shift… the time for change is now. The efforts are to be set in motion for a mechanism allowing for the protection of "architecture of significance" pending owner appeal -- regardless of property type (residential or commercial).

Lots of details to be worked through…

Your thoughts and suggestions are encouraged and welcome.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”