Great Dallas MCMs!!

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
barlowme
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Great Dallas MCMs!!

Postby barlowme » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:48 pm

Izzy
Modern Master

Postby Izzy » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:46 pm

Panton-ite
Modern Socialite

Postby Panton-ite » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:43 pm

Awesome. Any of these for sale?

barlowme
Modern Groupie

Postby barlowme » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am

post50modern
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby post50modern » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:27 pm

84Design
Modern Socialite

Postby 84Design » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:12 am

"Architecture as craft, not merely a container."

viva*le*vintage
Modern Groupie

Postby viva*le*vintage » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:00 am

Been lurking here forever but had to finally chime in on this thread. Thanks so much for posting these. I've driven past #15 frequently as the renovations have been going on and have been super curious. Looks like they've done a wonderful job with the expansion/remodel. I agree with 84 Design - KesslerWoods is beautiful but leaves me a little cold somehow.

Speaking of Kessler, if only I had $3 million to spare, my dream house is for sale...

http://www.ebby.com/details/300599.html

kelley

AJ Fisher
Modern Master

Great Dallas MCMs!!

Postby AJ Fisher » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:58 am

Wow, these houses are amazing. #7 is truly fab! I love the exterior colored panels on the house front. My grandparents had formica kitchen cabinetry in the same color scheme. the gnome side table is cute too. this house has some great colors going on.

catwolff
Modern Groupie

WHITE ROCK HOME TOUR-DALLAS

Postby catwolff » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:58 am

catwolff

mrcysco
Modern Fan

Postby mrcysco » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:35 pm

I just came across this forum while searching for information on what is probably my favorite MCM house in all of Dallas. I haven't found any info, but low and behold, there it is in the background of this photo!

http://www.atlocation.com/intranet/Loca ... ages/3.jpg

It's the neighbor of house #16 in your sets.

So, does anyone have any information on 8931 Capri Ct. in Dallas?

I would LOVE to see inside this thing, or better yet, buy it. I'm in the market.

-=cysco

Dallasmodern
Modern Master

Postby Dallasmodern » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:59 am

I don't know the architect- but it's a great house. There are more photos of it at:
http://www.cosmicool.com/
The neighborhood (Mediterranean Gardens) is full of MCM's, the link below touchs on this area of Dallas:
http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/viewtopic ... ght=#53622

mrcysco
Modern Fan

Postby mrcysco » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:21 am

Thanks Dallasmodern,

I drive by that house a couple times a month in hopes of seeing a for sale sign in front of it. According to Dallas CAD, it's over 2700 sqft in size. I would love to walk through it and see where all that space is. From the outside it doesn't look that big.

There are a number of really great MCM's in that area. I'm curious if you have an opinion of what that house, or another 2500 sqft MCM in that area would go for on the open market. If it ever did go on the market, what do you think the ballpark would be.

dallascad.org claims the tax value is around $250k, but I can't imagine it going for that cheap. I'm half tempted to just go knock on their door and make them an offer.

-=marc

Dallasmodern
Modern Master

Postby Dallasmodern » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:01 am

The Mediterranean Gardens neighborhood is a well kept secret. A variety of MCM's. I've seen prices there as low as the 150K's to the 400K's. But, most never last very long. It's a desirable area and much cheaper than some of the other MCM's in north Dallas.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”