Arch. Digest - Modern Slideshow

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jenniezane
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Arch. Digest - Modern Slideshow

Postby jenniezane » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:02 pm

Last edited by jenniezane on Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zane and Jennie Donaldson

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:14 pm

"Better Living Through Modernism"

jenniezane
Modern Socialite

hmm...

Postby jenniezane » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:37 pm

Zane and Jennie Donaldson

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:53 pm

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:07 pm

two photos i've not seen before...(i've not seen AD in years, and don't get out much, obviously)

Frank Lloyd Wright
“I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.â€￾
Wright’s “Auldbrassâ€￾ in South Carolina, from our December 1993 issue.[/img]

Richard Neutra
“I am an eyewitness to the ways in which people relate to themselves and to each other, and my work is a way of scooping and ladling that experience.â€￾
Neutra’s own residence, built on the shore of Los Angeles’s Silverlake Reservoir, featured in our September 2004 issue.

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:12 pm

That Neutra photo has to be Julius -- with the lifestyling ? But what is the house ? Never seen that cylindrical feature before. . .

And I've never seen the Auldbrass dog-eared roof so directly before, either. Frank, you're a hoot !

SDR

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:29 pm

that is strange SDR. i circled around and around the minimal odd speak on that photo
spread. or whatever they called it, '50's' , frustrating. and ditto, "typical AD'.

so i went after some other page photos...
(the FLW doors are fantastic!)

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:38 pm

Oops -- that's the Neutra VDL Research House. . .

johnnyapollo
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby johnnyapollo » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:12 pm

That dog-eared roof is on the "barn" at Auldbrass at the end of the long building that contains the bunk houses. I think the plan originally called for a grainary (I'll have to look in the book) and I'm not sure if it was every built during FLW's time, but added by Lloyd during Silver's restoration. The guest houses also had the same rooflines.

-- John
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
Philip K. Dick

Desperately Seeking Modern
http://modernseeker.blogspot.com

grh122
Modern Master

Postby grh122 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:02 pm

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:31 pm

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:23 pm

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”