Gingerbread Fallingwater Podcast

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bamalama
Modern Socialite

Gingerbread Fallingwater Podcast

Postby bamalama » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:02 pm

(Three words I never expected to see together in one sentence... O brave new world that has such post titles in't!)
The Incredible Edible Mansions episode of Food Network Challenge is on again this evening- repeating several times over the weekend:

Tariq Hanna created a fabulous replica of the house, right down to the construction problems! Details about the construction and Tariq Hanna:

The Life Without Buildings blog offers a few images of the house, under construction and completed. I loved the trees, which reminded me of the abstract versions used in older architectural renderings:

After searching for more information about Tariq Hanna's work, I found out that Fallingwater is not an uncommon choice for gingerbread artistes (or rather, it is uncommon but not as uncommon as I would have thought). Middle school students created the one shown on this blog:

(Dig the gingerbread Waffle House at the top of the page.)

Finally, I came across an interesting podcast from Ted Wells about Fallingwater and its appeal, inspired by the vision of a gingerbread Fallingwater displayed at the George Eastman House:

Poking around a bit in Ted Wells's site...

... I found another podcast about Richard Halliburton's Hangover House, which I haven't had a chance to listen to yet (having wasted far too much time "researching" gingerbread renditions of Fallingwater this afternoon).

Cheers,
Jean

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”