Hall Tree or ???

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Izzy
Modern Master

Hall Tree or ???

Postby Izzy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:26 pm

I did a search but couldnt find anything on this.
We have a space directly when you walk in the front door. Large wall, need a place to hang a coat or two, store some shoes, you know...
see pic.

eventually the eating area will not be there right when you walk in when we do the kitchen prob. in the next 8 months or so.
anyone have a good solution? or a good design?

jesgord
Modern Master

Postby jesgord » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:37 pm

There is a good thread on coat hooks here

Izzy
Modern Master

Postby Izzy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:48 am

maybe i'll reword this...
what does your entry look like? anyone have any pictures of their entry? particularly if it opens directly into the space or is not seperated. ultimately we're trying to figure out a good way to "create" an entry so it doesnt feel like you walk right in. Any big ideas or small are appreciated, we can even build a wall or whatever...

in the picture our front door is off to the right far side.

Thanks for the thread on coat hooks, i had never been to design addict

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby rockland » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:07 pm

is this your back door? the most used in/out.? coming in from the car, etc? (the dumping ground?)
where will the table end up? hard to tell what might fit.
i've been trying to work out an entry partition for our 'dumping ground'.
i'll see if i can find some of my file reference pics.
a series of rectangles that form a partition, but only a couple of the lower ones will have a solid back.
based on 50/60's entry screens i have seen.
your entry may want to relate to your overall kitchen plans.

Izzy
Modern Master

Postby Izzy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:34 pm

sorry, i guess i should be more specific.
it is our front door and most of time we do come in to dump our stuff, although today i cleaned out our hall closet and moved all the coats into it from the coat rack. i dont like having the coat rack as the first thing you see. im sure stuff will still get dumped there but anyways, the table could stay or go, i dont care if it stays. We had and idea for a partition but i just want to see what originally people have in their mcm's so i can build and idea from that.

home_boy
Modern Master

Postby home_boy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:01 pm

Well, there's always the classic Eames Hang-It-All. Only $150 at DWR, but I'm sure you could find one for a lot less.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”