Pittsburgh PA MCMs

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
turboblown
Modern Master

Pittsburgh PA MCMs

Postby turboblown » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:39 pm

Izzy
Modern Master

Postby Izzy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:55 pm

eegs2k
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby eegs2k » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:43 am

turboblown
Modern Master

Postby turboblown » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:41 pm

Some of the homes were in North Huntingdon, Ross Twp, Churchill, Hempfield Twp, White Oak, Level Gree & Penn Twp.

I just added 7 more pics from a police station where I was working today....yes, a real MCM police station! The building is a little aged, but is in good condition. The post & beam ceiling is beautiful and looks like it probably did in 1958. I almost died when I walked through the door today and looked up!

Also, one of the pics in this album shows a multi colored tile wall with a plaque that reads "1962." FYI, it's a sewage treatment plant in the northern part of Allegheny County. There's a lot of security in that place, but next time I'm there I'll get pics of the offices.

googieagog
Modern Master

Postby googieagog » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:36 am

One of my favorite MCM spots in Pittsburgh is the Tin Angel restaurant, a Miesian box cantilevered off the side of Mt. Washington. It was built in '57, if memory serves, and the steel & glass exterior looked pretty much original the last time I was there about a dozen years back. It's seems it would be hard to photograph well, which might be why it isn't more famous, as architecture.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”