Architect recommendation for a mid century remodel

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gwdiener
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Architect recommendation for a mid century remodel

Postby gwdiener » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:44 pm

I tried to post this earlier today and couldn't find it via search so maybe I screwed up? :(

My brother-in-law is in commercial real estate and his boss just purchased a William Beckett-designed house in Bel Air. The house was being sold by the estate of the original owner (songwriter/composer Ray Evans). It is a 3500 s.f. 3 bedroom 4 bath house and guest house on 4 acres.

The house is a little rough, and had some unfortunate modifications over the years.

They need a Southern California architect who would be sensitive to the original mid century design of the house while making it work for the new owners.

Here is a link to the broker site from when it was for sale, the photos are very generous. The house does not actually look that good.

www.1255angelo.com

Feel free to reply privately if you don't want to post contact information here.

Thanks.

Miguel
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Miguel » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:57 pm

Beautiful place!

Man, those custom Becket fireplaces.... nothing can substitute them.

When I think of this sculptural fireplace that was removed from a Beckett home here in Fresno it makes me sad...

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”