Sacramento Modern Homes Update!

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Paul
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sacramento Modern Homes Update!

Postby Paul » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:17 am

Remember last year we moved up here to Sacramento and were asking for any info. on Streng Bros. modern homes? We'd moved into one (see our progress at http://www.pariarts.com/mus/martini.html) last year and couldn't find much info on them.
Well yesterday we got the new Eichler Network paper and the main article is all about the Streng Brothers and the modern homes they built up here in Sacramento!! Finally they're getting some long overdue publicity and we're thrilled.
Interesting article too. You can see it on the web at http://www.eichlernetwork.com
Cool!

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:26 am

as always - you guys are doing an impeccable job on the place... maybe i'll visit before the summer is over?
any cool motels nearby?

Paul
Modern Fan

Postby Paul » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:06 am

Hey girl, it would be great! Don't know to much about the local motel situation, we don't get out too much, but I'm sure there's some good ones. If you haven't been here you've got to see Old Town, kind of a restored 1800's district. Also downtown Sacramento is really charming, with outdoor cafe's, great old Victorians and tons of trees. They say this city has more trees than any other city outside Paris, France; and I believe it! Also you've got to drive through the Eichler neighborhoods, very pretty.<p>

It's hot here in the summer, Vegas hot! But you know what - fireworks are legal here and they sell them on every other street corner in late June. We bought a big box of them 'the Block Party!' for last 4th, had a few friends over and shot them off in the back - they were really amazing and very much advanced over the ones we used to have when we were kids. Yes they've come a long way; remember Snakes and Sparklers? Very cool!<p>
Hope all is well in Vegas! How's it going there?

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:15 pm

i'll shoot for being up there around the 4th then - cause that sounds pretty fun!
trying to find a vegas modcom situation to help out with... that's about it...

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”