Kerf DIY

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stephen
Modern Guru

Kerf DIY

Postby Stephen » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:54 am

I'm curious, has anyone ordered any of the DIY ones? It seems like they've gone from OMG pricing down to merely expensive.

I was thumbing through the 2008 catalog (they say 2009 is coming soon) and noticed a great wall-hanging single sink vanity option. In Walnut it was listed at $350 -- which really isn't too bad for something that's both classy and simple.
Stephen Meade
SoCal Realtor - DRE 01378749
Pacific West Assoc. of Realtors President-Elect
http://www.OCModHomes.com
http://www.CliffMaySocal.com
and
Cliff May Homeowner

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:03 am

you might try posting that question on the Eichler Network board as well.

If my kitchen did not exist, I would consider Kerf. great looking stuff. you might also consider hiring a carpenter and build custom.

another option would be to monitor several Eichler neighborhoods for people ripping out original kitchens. worth the rehab

Jerad
Modern Master

Postby Jerad » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:14 pm

I think that is a really reasonable price. I'm curious what shipping is. I couldn't tell if they come prefinished or not. If it comes prefinished, I don't think I could even build it for that for that. One sheet of walnut ply is somewhere between 120-150 throw in some hinges glue and finish and your easily above 200. Looks like a pretty good deal. At least for that cabinet.

PNWgal
Modern Socialite

Postby PNWgal » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:41 pm

Yes, we ordered a cabinet () and a long wall-mounted bookcase for the office. We live in Seattle, so we didn't have to pay shipping. We are pleased with the quality--the same cool, slow-closing drawers and doors as the fully assembled version at a substantial $$ savings. And yes, you have to put the sealant on the edges, but it isn't a big deal.

reverb2000
Modern Socialite

Postby reverb2000 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:32 am

we were in the process of ordering, then found out the closest shipping point was to Dallas only and it was 700$. That was 4 hrs from here. I tried to find out more shipping info, but didnt get far. I showed the pics to a cabinet maker and was quoted around half of what Kerf is charging.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:21 pm

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”