modern deck

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cougarider
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

modern deck

Postby cougarider » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:37 pm

I am looking for some help in how to build a deck that would be flush with the rest of my landscaping. Here are some photos of what I am looking to build. Any ideas on the basic framework for this? Photos will be posted soon on my whole backyard landscaping.

Questions about deck.

Would the wood on the deck be touching the soil below or should it be dug down to avoid direct contact?

Draining concern -Should I be concerned about digging the deck lower than the rest of the landscaping?

What type of wood should I use? I live in texas. Where's it's Hot!

Share any other concerns I should have. about having a flush deck.

johnnyapollo
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby johnnyapollo » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:52 am

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
Philip K. Dick

Desperately Seeking Modern
http://modernseeker.blogspot.com

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:57 am

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:28 am

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:09 pm

You might also find this thread to be useful

scowsa

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”