paint suggestions

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
shudder
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

paint suggestions

Postby shudder » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:36 pm

My girlfriend and I are moving into a 1948 MCM house in a suburb of St. Louis and are planning on doing a lot of renovation. The current owners are elderly and had some "interesting" ideas as far as paint colors and interior design. We definitely want to get rid of the peach paint on the ceiling but were wondering if anyone here had any suggestions as to a different color and/or if we should keep it the same white as the rest of the walls. I'm not sure how to attach a photo but here's a link if you're interested and would be willing to give us some much appreciated advice.

Thanks in advance.
Issa and Karen

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:25 am

Here it is! Congrats!
What a gem. Yes the peach should go but an easy fix.
Well taken care of. Hope to see more pics when the other owners things are out...
and a link, http://www.janetmcafee.com/propertyfors ... 2304&p=res
and here, http://tedwight.typepad.com/st_louis_re ... ladue.html

marittamodern
Modern Fan

Postby marittamodern » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:53 am

wwilber
Modern Master

Postby wwilber » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:51 am

My neighborhood:

STLModern
Modern Master

Postby STLModern » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:34 pm

Issa, Love the house! I was just by there two weekends ago. I have to say I'm envious of you now. Please post some pics once you get your own belongings in place. Or let us know when the open house is. :wink:

Paint: I personally always paint my ceilings "ceiling white" and my walls whatever color I'm doing. I do favor Porter Paints over other brands here in St. Louis. Sherwin Williams would be next in line.

Dan

shudder
Modern Groupie

Postby shudder » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:00 am

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. We're also pretty excited about the move. We'll definitely post photos when their stuff is out and ours is in.

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:32 am

Oh. A quick hint. Some of the 'drapery', curtains, may seem old fashion.
Some may be new and polyester. But...as tempting as it is to toss it out,
a custom large expanse of curtain is expensive. You have some direct sun.
If any of them are vintage, they do clean up great. I did throw out a decent
set the first weekend. I did save the large ones for the big slider wall of glass.
I had other ideas but wish i had saved them all. Ya never know.

Three years later, the weekend we moved in with the bare essentials, a week before the
movers, is still great memories. When the house was empty. Sleeping bag and a coffee pot.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”