Interior pictures please!!!!

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
careyjr3
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Interior pictures please!!!!

Postby careyjr3 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:55 pm

Hello everyone! I am new here and I would love to see how everyone has decorated their mid century homes! I have absolutely no design sense and I need inspiration! Thank you so much!

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:17 pm

photos online can be tough. often don't do justice when shot by non-pros. I suggest hitting your local book store and look out the architecture section. there are quite a few books on Mid Century Modernism.

Also, on inspiration, try to stick to rooms that are similar shaped. it easier to visualize if a scheme will work, or not.

linked below is my blog. you'll find a link to my flickr site where you find several photos of my living area,

good luck and welcome to Lotta Livin

DonD
Modern Fan

Postby DonD » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:46 pm

Hi

I just posted some photos of my home. I probably fall in the same category as you, I don't have much design sense. My home is mid century for real, build in the 1950s, my decorating skill are all over the map!

Not sure if the link will work as I am new here, but if not, its under Announcements, New Member, Bloomfield MI.

Don

PS the link was working in the preview!

careyjr3
Modern Groupie

thanks!

Postby careyjr3 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:29 pm

thanks you guys! i'll check those things out. And I didn't think to look at the bookstore for those books, so I'll do that too!

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:37 pm

for the most part, the internet sucks. you see, most of the inspirational images are copyright protected, printed in books. you might find some online, but with books come explanation which will help aid you design learning curve.

Another great source too is period shelter magazines like Sunset, Better Homes and Garden and trade magazines like Art & Architecture and House+Home. You can find these on ebay. early to mid-late '50s are the best for those magazines.

if you can post some images of your house/space, I can suggest some books and architects to look out for.

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

niiiiice chair in the bedroom

Postby Slim and Gabby » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:05 am

Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

hood
Modern Socialite

Postby hood » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:11 am

Shane Hood
Lortondale
Tulsa, Oklahoma
lortondale.com
oneoneth.com

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:44 am

careyjr3
Modern Groupie

Postby careyjr3 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:05 pm

Thanks for all the info on places to look for inspiration!
I should explain my situation, since I'm new here and haven't really introduced myself. My husband is going through pilot training for the Navy, so we actually have no home of our own! We lived in Pensacola for 6 months, now Milton for 8 months, and in 14 days we'll be moving to Meridian, Mississippi!!!!! Well, the Navy housing there is 50's style Ranch houses!!!!! However, it's always been my dream to have my own 50's style house even before I knew what they were! My parents always said I have an old soul!
My starting point is actually a 50's style record player that looks like it's inside a side table. If that makes any sense. It's from my grandparents house. I'll have to get a picture of it.
And once we move to Mississppi, I'll post a photo of the house too!
And thanks again!

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:12 pm

cougarider
Modern Socialite

den

Postby cougarider » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:00 pm

Here's a photo from my familyroom/den

Decorating is hard! I suggest getting ideas from atomic ranch mags.

careyjr3
Modern Groupie

Postby careyjr3 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:21 pm

robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby robbhouston » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:32 am

http://www.nashvillemodern.com
A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

synthetic space
Modern Master

Postby synthetic space » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:22 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”