Mon Oncle house

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Oncle house

Postby nichols » Sun May 24, 2009 8:06 am

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

I rented it

Postby modfan » Mon May 25, 2009 4:29 pm

On Netflix. Dont forget to check out the 56 Chevy in Pink, Purple and Green.

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

Thanks for the links...

Postby Slim and Gabby » Tue May 26, 2009 11:46 am

I just love that film. The themes on aquisition and ostentation versus living a genuine life are so funny presented in an MCM format.
It's especially amusing here on LL as we all seem to be the cranky folks talking about the good ol' days before mc Mansions. And here's the MCM version of one. Oh, yeah...irony deluxe.

I don't think we will ever put any kind of firepit or sculpture in the breezeway between our kitchen and freestanding garage, but if we did, that dang fish would have to figure into it somehow. I just want to push the button and hear that sick gurgle whenever a guest approaches....

And don't even get me started on the cars in that film...sigh.
The other french film icon I long to see is the monorail featured in the movie of Farenheit 451. Oh, that thing is glorious!

Gabby
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Slim and Gabby » Tue May 26, 2009 12:35 pm

Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”