Eames House

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
classic form
Special Secret Modern Agent
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Eames House

Postby classic form » Mon May 25, 2009 7:53 am

Hi all...

My wife and I are in Venice for a couple of days and we were going to try to see the Eames house but looks like it's closed.

Does anyone know if you can see it from the road at all?

I know this has been discussed before but I'm too lazy to search...

Thanks.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Mon May 25, 2009 10:20 am

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Mon May 25, 2009 10:21 am

classic form

Postby classic form » Mon May 25, 2009 2:45 pm

Thanks Joe, just got back. It was closed but there was someone in the studio so she came out and after a little socializing she allowed us to walk around and photograph. We were asked to come in and look at the studio for recommendations on how to match the colors that are on the walls of the bathroom, there were five different colors...beautiful. Pics only of the outside though...didn't want to push my luck and whip out the camera when inside. Also got a good look at CSH22 from a side road. The road up to the house was gated but on the way down the mountain from above we found ourselves at the same level as the house approx. 1-200 yds away. Overall a fun day of snooping around LA and vicinity.

STLModern
Modern Master

Postby STLModern » Mon May 25, 2009 3:56 pm

Classic, You can schedule a visit to see Koenigs Case Study house #22 Mrs. Stahl and her daughter live there and conduct the tours. I was there in March and it was awesome! Meeting Mrs. Stahl and talking with her about the past was a great experience. It was just me, my Wife and my friend, Mrs. Stahl and her daughter made us feel completely at home.

Here are my photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stlmodern/ ... 075877004/

We also went to the Balboa Highlands Eichler tract in Granada Hills just north of LA on the 5. Definitely worth the drive! Take a camera!

Here are my photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stlmodern/ ... 182416608/

Dan

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Great pics

Postby modfan » Mon May 25, 2009 4:24 pm

sparklegem
Modern Master

Stahl House Tours

Postby sparklegem » Mon May 25, 2009 6:28 pm

Is there a charge for the Stahl House tour?

STLModern
Modern Master

Postby STLModern » Mon May 25, 2009 7:01 pm

modfan, I did make it to Palm Springs. http://www.flickr.com/photos/stlmodern/ ... 210811111/

sparklegem, The Stahl tour is free!

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

great

Postby modfan » Mon May 25, 2009 7:39 pm

PS pics.

I'm actually driving thru the STL area on Tue. en route to INDY, where are the best modern neighborhoods to at least get a brief look at?

STLModern
Modern Master

Postby STLModern » Tue May 26, 2009 7:46 pm

modfan, sorry. I just got back to here tonight.

classic form

Postby classic form » Sun May 31, 2009 9:42 am

Mission accomplished...Saw 22 on our way out of town Friday, wow. Got some great pics but signed a form not to use them except for personal use.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”