Some MCM architecture in Kingston, Ontario

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MCMAdmirer
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Some MCM architecture in Kingston, Ontario

Postby MCMAdmirer » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:00 am

Yesterday, I had some time to kill, but not enough time to really do anything. So, I decided to take photos of some MCM architecture that I have spotted in Kingston, Ontario, when I used to live there a few years ago.

I would like to share them with you, but I'm unsure of how to post pictures on this thread.

I have already transferred the photos from my digital camera to my laptop. But, what's the next step?

jakabedy
Modern Master

Postby jakabedy » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:46 am

You'll need to find a place to "host" the photos, like photobucket, flickr, etc. Once hosted there, you can copy the html code from the site and drop it into your post here.
1920s Bungalow Gal turned MCM Maven

My Blog: http://magiccitymodern.blogspot.com/

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:12 am

Or just post a link to the set for us to look at there. For a photo to actually show in a post, like jakabedy says, it must be hosted by a site that allows off site linking. (not all do) Flickr, for instance, allows you to have a photo on it's own page with it's own url. It also possible to resize the photos. That's a Goldilocks kind of thing. If they are too large they will not fit on most folks screens. Too small and you get that little thumbnail you may have seen. There is a primer about posting images on the left sidebar here. Also, the "test message" thread at the bottom is there for you to see if you are doing it right. I actually figured it out by following advice I read there.

MCMAdmirer
Modern Socialite

Postby MCMAdmirer » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:04 pm

Thank you for your advice both jakabedy and egads.

Here are some of the photos that I took: http://www.flickr.com/photos/71774518@N ... 992539244/

There were a few more houses that I wanted to take a picture of, but the houseowners were outdoors working on their gardens, garages, etc. So, I'll go by there another time to take these photos.

Let me know what you think? Am I bang on with identifying these homes as MCM?

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:19 am

MCMAdmirer
Modern Socialite

Postby MCMAdmirer » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:32 pm

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:44 am

Crazy church. I'd have to stop and look in on that one. Wonder when it was built?

I just drove the Maritimes and saw a few of this one. Surprised that the carports
are not closed in.

Traveling with an elder dog, affectionately (?) known as squirt, we made more
than the usual stops. Rest areas are loops through small towns. Never saw two
together. One was even sea-side on the Bay of Fundy. I'm imagining it was a
magazine 'dream home'. Plans ordered via mail...? Curious about the interiors.
Standard ranch or a more open floor plan?

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”