Period floor registers

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
fwmodern
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Period floor registers

Postby fwmodern » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:35 pm

I've googled quite a bit looking for appropriate covers for my floor ducts and have found a few things that will suffice but thought maybe someone here has a source for original designs or reproductions of MCM floor registers. It seems that only these houses and mobile homes have floor ducts and most products are geared towards the latter, unfortunately.

This one, for example, is okay, but I would like something more solid, if possible.

http://www.floorregisterresources.com/p ... hed-Nickel

Any help is appreciated.[/url]

Van
Modern Master

Postby Van » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:33 pm

Do you mean something like this?

fwmodern
Modern Fan

Postby fwmodern » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Thanks, Van. The size I would need would cost 120.90 each. That's a bit out of my price range! I need 7 to cover in my living area alone. I really want something more substantial, too. Meaning that I want a good looking grate that is 1/8 inch thick, in chrome like the remaining originals and not something that will bend if I step on it in heels. With all of the McMansion building/MCM destroying in TX alone, you'd think that someone's local Restore would have some original materials. I do appreciate the thought and I have used that store for bungalow rehabs I've done. They've never done me wrong. I see from another post that you are buying a home. You should post your pics!!!

JXBrown
Modern Master

Postby JXBrown » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:15 pm

I bought cast aluminum covers for our floor vents from Atlanta Supply:
http://www.atlantasupply.com/

Van
Modern Master

Postby Van » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:39 am

Wow, that is expensive.

I bet everything got thrown in the dumpster when they made way for the McMansions. |:( I was out of the country from 2005-2008 and was shocked when I came back.

I'll be posting pictures soon! Thankfully, there's not much to do to the house other than paint and a few minor repairs. And landscaping.

I wanted to say I really like your house! Where did you get your furniture? I've started looking but haven't found much. Been to Collage Classics and the place down from it so far.

Good luck w/ the registers; I'll keep an eye out!

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”