Question: Fountain Grass / Man Down

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
redneckmodern
Modern Master

Question: Fountain Grass / Man Down

Postby redneckmodern » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:32 am

This year is our first real landscaping adventure. We've grown things, but not to the degree we're currently tending... so, naturally questions abound.

This one's about grasses. Our purple fountain grass -- creating a border along the fence -- took a hard beating in the rain last night. It's been falling over to some degree, but now, I think it might be down for the count.

What to do? Trim it back to the base to let it grow next season? Fortunately, most of the other grasses remained standing.

pictures:

http://redneckmodern.typepad.com/rednec ... -down.html

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby egads » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:12 am

Leave it be. It's a little early to cut it back. Once it dries out it will probably bounce back. I have some Fern-leaf bamboo that does the same thing in a heavy rain. It takes a week or so, but it does straighten back up. Oh, if the fountain grass is on an automatic sprinkler system, shut that off. This type of grass needs little to no water once established.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”