How MCM was my house

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dinosratpack
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How MCM was my house

Postby dinosratpack » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:02 am

I wanted to post a picture of the MCM home I grew up in as a small child in Montclair, CA. I remember it being small with two bedrooms and a bathroom. Since then, it has been stuccoed over and the windows at top have been filled in. Also, there used to be a vertical wood slat fence where the wrought iron and brick job is now. I remember that you couldn't see into the patio from the street, which is between the garage and house. I believe it was always had the garage/carport combination. If I could buy back this house, all that stucco would come down and the windows would reappear. I think the house had wood siding...not sure, but definately know that it didn't have the stucco job it has now. I recall my Mom saying that back then the house seemed cheaply built and that it wasn't well insulated, so it wouldn't stay cool in the summer nor warm in the winter.

Now, I'm not sure who the builder is, but hopefully someone on here can identify it. I heard that there were a few Cliff May immitators, and this may have been built by one, but then again it could be a Cliff May home. I assume it was built in 1954 because that is the year that is stamped on the curb in front of it.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:11 pm

looks like a stucco'd Cliff May. got an address? others in the neighborhood?

dinosratpack
Modern Fan

Postby dinosratpack » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:36 pm

merritt
Modern Socialite

Postby merritt » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:07 pm

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Yup

Postby modfan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:20 pm

dinosratpack
Modern Fan

Re: Yup

Postby dinosratpack » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:08 pm

Dan O.
Modern Master

Postby Dan O. » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:45 pm

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:57 pm

dinosratpack
Modern Fan

Postby dinosratpack » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:11 pm

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”