Carpet options?

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

Sealuxe
Modern Fan

Carpet options?

Postby Sealuxe » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:52 am

As we consider options for our new flooring, could anyone recommend a brand or carpet line that would fit in an MCM home. I don't know much about carpet but we know we'd like a medium gray color, possibly with a touch of blue to it, and would like it extremely short. Don't want any wild patterns, just something simple. I'm thinking maybe that would mean something commercial?
If anyone has some suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:17 am

you may check out some photos of Neutra homes with carpet. seems to me something basic would work. I'd stay away from any contemporary pattern which may make it feel dated down the road. timeless is best. colorwise, consider rest of the room and how everything will work together.

srk1941
Modern Master

Postby srk1941 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:55 am

We did a very short, dense velvet pile in a pretty neutral mousy brown. It came in a wide array of colors, but we got it at the Home Depot Expo Center, which is now kaput.

I'm sure you can find many similar types of carpeting at any carpet place.

Steven Keylon
Village Green - National Historic Landmark

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”