HELP! 1950's oven part

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sparklegem
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

HELP! 1950's oven part

Postby sparklegem » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:36 pm

I am in the middle of baking for the Modcom party and my oven just burst into flames! Does anyone know where I can buy the heating elementt for my 1957 Westing oven? I have the part and model number but not sure of where to find a replacement.

Thank you!!

P.S. I am in los angeles

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

will this help?

Postby Slim and Gabby » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:29 pm

Slim is working on restoring a great canary yellow wedgewood holly dual wall oven (with rotisserie!) and has corresponded with a lot of vintage stove folks.

Here's one right in your area:
http://www.antiquestoveheaven.com/compinfo.html

they seem to know what they are about...

Other places not close to you include-
http://www.antiquegasstoves.com/

http://dreamstoves.com/

http://www.antiquevintageappliances.com/

Hate to see your treats suffer....looks like the heaven folks make house calls. Good luck!

Gabby
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Re: HELP! 1950's oven part

Postby Joe » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:02 pm

sparklegem
Modern Master

Postby sparklegem » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:09 pm

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:25 am

And we are to assume it's electric?

sparklegem
Modern Master

Postby sparklegem » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:58 am

sorry about my scattered replies. i was on day two of all-day holiday baking. to finish my baking for mod-com i was having to run back and forth to my neighbors house which was just adding to the insanity.

Our oven is a an electric Westinghouse Model OL-24-8 and it is style 057411.

The baking element in the bottom of the oven is what has broken.

jesgord
Modern Master

Postby jesgord » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:05 am

Check out this thread

It suggests that this part will fit:
[url]
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_ ... earch.aspx[/url]
Visit my Blog

sparklegem
Modern Master

Postby sparklegem » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:05 am

sparklegem
Modern Master

Postby sparklegem » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:49 am

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Slim and Gabby » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:28 am

Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

sparklegem
Modern Master

Postby sparklegem » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:34 pm

I have been thinking of the cookies all day! Specifically, the brownies! I took them all to the party and one really sounds good.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”