We put a time capsule in our wall.

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BAZ_MCM
Modern Master

We put a time capsule in our wall.

Postby BAZ_MCM » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:24 am

We're making some serious renovation headway. Along the path, we paused to make a time capsule. Then proceeded to seal it into a wall.

See all the details here. http://www.atomicindy.com/2009/12/mid-c ... psule.html

We hope some future renovation couple finds it (not that I can think of any reason they'd ever want to undo the work we've done...).

Cheers,

-Baz
Mid Century Modernizing the modern world: http://atomicindy.com/

CapitalMod
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby CapitalMod » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:30 am

Cool idea.

I just found one in my house- sort of. I pulled up some floorboards in the attic and found a large envelope containing 20 or so Playboy centerfolds circa 1969. Just the centerfolds, no magazines.

Thought it might be a then teenagers secret stash. But these were under floorboards that had been nailed down. I figure someone wanted them to be found someday. They will be place back there for future generations.

sky
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Postby sky » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:38 am

CapitalMod
Modern Master

Postby CapitalMod » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:16 pm

I may have to as Mrs CM is none too thrilled at their discovery. :oops:

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”