foam roofers in so cal?

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
blinkbeforebeauty
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

foam roofers in so cal?

Postby blinkbeforebeauty » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:02 am

Hi - We are currently searching for foam roofing contractors in so cal that have a good track record to re-roof the flat portion of our eichler. Does anyone have a recommendation? You can email me directly at blinkbeforebeauty at yahoo dot com. Thanks Much.

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:04 am

The current issue of CA Modern (Eichler Network) has an ad on page 31 for FoamLosAngeles.com 800 371-9370

There is also an article on foam roofing in that issue. I have not used this or any local foam roofer, so I'm just passing this on. I do have one recommendation though, run any electrical or anything else before doing the foam. I remember in an older issue of CA Modern where small A/C ducts were run before foaming. Also brackets for solar panels. You can look up old articles on CA Modern website.

blinkbeforebeauty
Modern Socialite

foam roofers in so cal?

Postby blinkbeforebeauty » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:39 am

Thanks for the info Egads, I have already put a call into that company. They have done a number of homes in our neighborhood. I am looking for other companies to compare bids. We are planning to tear off the old roof to re-route some electrical that was placed on the side of the house.

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:10 am

Here is an old thread with some names. the construction industry has gone through a shake out, at lot of folks aren't in business anymore.

http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=5460

blinkbeforebeauty
Modern Socialite

Postby blinkbeforebeauty » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:11 pm

thanks much for the directions to the older post. There were a couple companies in there that are still doing biz. Doesn't seem like there a lot of foam roof contractors who do residential work. I will keep searching.
cheers

turboblown
Modern Master

Postby turboblown » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:38 pm

I'm from the northeast and have seen these roofs in commercial applications a few times around here, but what are the reasons these are commonly used in SO Cal in a residential setting?

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:25 pm

Insulation. Also the foam can be manipulated to correct drainage.

Josquin
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Foam Roof

Postby Josquin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:27 pm

blinkbeforebeauty
Modern Socialite

Postby blinkbeforebeauty » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:50 pm

diyer
Modern Groupie

Postby diyer » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:29 pm

millerfish
Modern Groupie

Postby millerfish » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:19 pm

D&L did our flat roof about 2 months ago. We are very happy with the work and the roof. It made a big difference in keeping the house warm can't wait to see how it works this summer.

wasabinuki
Modern Groupie

Postby wasabinuki » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:19 pm

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”