A tale of two illicit loves...

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kitschywoman
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A tale of two illicit loves...

Postby kitschywoman » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:00 am

This is a tale of two illicit loves...the desire to keep heating/cooling bills low vs. the need for a stylish vintage ceiling fixture that wouldn't make visitors twitch in distaste. From this unholy union, the SPUTNIK CEILING FAN was born.

(clickable)

Sorry. Too much coffee this morning. I mainly lurk here, but I figured some of you might get a kick out of this. The rest are most likely horrified. :wink:

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:10 am

Horrified indeed. But with your clock collection, it works.

Now for my fan rant (channeling my dearly departed friend) If you really need a fan, and their are instances where they are helpful, find the plainest one you can. Never "decorate" with a fan. Make it an innocuous as possable. When done right, no one will notice your fan.

kitchywomen, as your username suggests, my rant would not apply to you.

kitschywoman
Modern Fan

Postby kitschywoman » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:29 am

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:42 am

redneckmodern
Modern Master

Postby redneckmodern » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:42 pm

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:56 am

SleazyG
Modern Fan

Postby SleazyG » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:00 am

What does one do if they want a ceiling fan that doesn't draw attention to itself? I don't like a lot of the offerings from "The Modern Fan Company" because of this. They're too "Hey, up here! Look how sleek and modern I am!" What about this one: ?

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Actually

Postby modfan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:18 pm

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:35 pm

kitschywoman
Modern Fan

Postby kitschywoman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:40 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”