Help me identify this finish?

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Luka
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Help me identify this finish?

Postby Luka » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:12 am

Not necessarily specific to mcm but with all of the handy people on here I was wondering if you could help me identify the finish on these block walls. Is it stucco? It looks smoother than that but am not sure what it would be. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

FRaC
Modern Socialite

Postby FRaC » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:36 am

yes, it's a smooth steel trowel stucco finish

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:49 am

To buy or replicate, specify "Santa Barbara stucco"
And here's an important part: block walls (CMU to a pro) need to be "scratch coated" first. The instances you see where the pattern of the block shows through did not get this step.

Luka
Modern Master

Postby Luka » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:35 pm

You guys are the best - big thanks!

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”