10345 Strathmore Drive LA,CA

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Midcentury Mod
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

10345 Strathmore Drive LA,CA

Postby Midcentury Mod » Mon May 03, 2010 9:29 am

While leaving a dinner party on Saturday night I stumbled across a beautiful modernist residence located: 10345 Strathmore Drive in the Holmby Hills section of Los Angeles,CA.

I was rather surprised considering the neighborhood is primarily composed of traditional homes(English Tudors,French Normandie,Cape Cod,Spanish Revival etc.), this home appears to be a 50's or 60's construction.

I was wondering if anybody had any information on this home or the architect who designed his residence.

Stephen
Modern Guru

Re: 10345 Strathmore Drive LA,CA

Postby Stephen » Mon May 03, 2010 9:46 am

Stephen Meade
SoCal Realtor - DRE 01378749
Pacific West Assoc. of Realtors President-Elect
http://www.OCModHomes.com
http://www.CliffMaySocal.com
and
Cliff May Homeowner

jonu
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Location: Franklin Hills (Los Feliz), LA CA and Palm Springs CA

Postby jonu » Mon May 03, 2010 12:51 pm

Midcentury Mod
Modern Socialite

Postby Midcentury Mod » Mon May 03, 2010 3:05 pm

jesgord
Modern Master

Postby jesgord » Mon May 03, 2010 3:35 pm

According to "An Architectural Guidebook to Los Angeles" the above info is correct. See link below:

Visit my Blog

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Mon May 03, 2010 5:02 pm

Unfortunately, the Rancho Mirage Neutra Malson residence was purchased for over a million over comps because of its importance and then torn down. It was a very sad day for preservation. Apparently, at the time, a demolition permit was an "over the counter" item in Rancho Mirage at the time. No satisfactory explanation has ever been given for the tragedy. In fact the Malson heirs were careful in marketing the house. The new owners even contacted Marmol Radziner (who did an amazing restoration of Neutra's Kaufmann house in Palm Springs) about working on it. I would love to see what some rich tasteless fool though was better than a real Neutra. You know, money don't come with directions. :roll:

jonu
Location: Franklin Hills (Los Feliz), LA CA and Palm Springs CA

Postby jonu » Mon May 03, 2010 5:07 pm

As mentioned above, I got my information from Gebhard/Winter's Architectural Guide to Los Angeles.

Its an amazing resource.

-Jon

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”