Nashville Floods of 2010

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Nashville Floods of 2010

Postby robbhouston » Wed May 12, 2010 5:17 am

I just posted this on my nashvillemodern website. Thought I'd share...

Nashville Floods of 2010

Nashville suffered record floods over the weekend of May 1st & 2nd, 2010. Many homes were damaged or destroyed. I've lived in Nashville since 1982 and have never seen such an event. My wife and I personally know people who have lost everything. Fortunately, we survived, as did our home.

Clearly now, the most important thing to be thinking about is the welfare of those Nashville residents in need. But since the focus of this site is Nashville's mid-century modern scene, I'll add this… Nashville never had a large number of MCM homes. One can now only speculate as to how many in that small collection are lost forever.

Only time will tell what the full impact of this event will have on what I call my home town. While the community tries to rebuild homes & lives, we ask for your thoughts and prayers for a rapid recovery.

--Robb
http://www.nashvillemodern.com
A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Wed May 12, 2010 7:01 am

word

STLModern
Modern Master

Postby STLModern » Wed May 19, 2010 9:42 am

I was just in Nashville over the past weekend and we stayed off of Briley Parkway next the The Grand Old Opry. Our hotel was packed with Red Cross volunteers. It was really sad driving around seeing all the homes with their entire contents on their front lawns. Even the homes on higher ground were affected by flash flooding of the creeks and water run off. After being their in person this past weekend makes me wonder why there was little to no media coverage for this tragic event yet we still hear about New Orleans over and over to this day. It just shows that the people of Nashville are doing something about it instead of just sitting there complaining waiting for someone to bail them out. Just my personal opinion of the situation.

I'm thinking about you brother.
Dan

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Wed May 19, 2010 6:36 pm

I'll be there in September

robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby robbhouston » Thu May 20, 2010 3:37 am

STLModern: Thanks for sharing. Yeah, it's a mess here. 42 counties declared disaster areas, $1.5 billion in damages. Regarding national news coverage...I happen to be traveling for work while the storms happened. There actually was a pretty good amount of news as it went down on CNN and the Weather Channel. But, they seem to be done with it now.

Joe: We are very proud of our little house and love to show it off to folks who might appreciate it. Let me know when you're in town. If I'm not traveling myself, perhaps you could pop by for a quick tour... :)

--Robb
http://www.nashvillemodern.com

A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

that would be cool, robb! you've put a lot of quality work into it and it's always fun meeting other LL'ers. we'll connect as september gets closer

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”