any fixes to keep the sink?

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dani
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

any fixes to keep the sink?

Postby dani » Sat May 29, 2010 5:00 pm

I would LOVE to keep the sinks in our baths. The hall bath sink is in EXCELLENT shape. The master has a square sink, that is starting to spider and rust. Are there any fixes for this? or anywhere I can start looking for a replacement? What are my chances of getting it out with out damage to the Formica?

Thanks!!
and the pics, the vanity and the spider at the sink overflow drain.

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Sat May 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Sun May 30, 2010 2:10 am

dani
Modern Master

Postby dani » Sun May 30, 2010 12:52 pm

heximer
Modern Socialite

Postby heximer » Mon May 31, 2010 10:27 am

KevinEP
Modern Master

Postby KevinEP » Mon May 31, 2010 11:17 am

dani
Modern Master

Postby dani » Mon May 31, 2010 12:17 pm

jakabedy
Modern Master

Postby jakabedy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:00 am

I second the caution about reglazing. Apparently the previous owners of our place had the tub reglazed, because now the stuff is starting to come off in little sheets. This is not attractive when the reglaze is white and the original tub is black. Now added to the list of projects is some solution for this tub.
1920s Bungalow Gal turned MCM Maven

My Blog: http://magiccitymodern.blogspot.com/

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:45 am

reglazing quality can range, do seek someone who's been doing it for a long time. check references and portfolio.

I had my tub done 8 years ago and it's great (used twice daily). I am glad I did not tear it out.

you can replace the sink new from Kholer (commercial products) but I don't they think they offer colors other than white

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”