Doors are done

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dani
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Doors are done

Postby dani » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:51 pm

not the garage but the others :)

before
after

better view of the orange, need to change the lights :) not really period... mission and Arts and Crafts LOL they tried...

original colors

after, thanks to all that suggested the same color as the house for all other doors!!!!

It was a little overcast so the orange is not as bright, but we are loving it! it really cleans up the front! now for the garage door and the landscape :)

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Slim and Gabby » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:05 pm

Bravo!
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:37 am

yippee skippee!

CapitalMod
Modern Master

Postby CapitalMod » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:41 am

Very nice.

Your house looks like one near me. The owners procured a new door that would only look good on a McMansion.

Good to see some taste as well as sanity prevailing.

dani
Modern Master

Postby dani » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:13 am

greenmod
Modern Socialite

Postby greenmod » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:48 pm

It looks great!

Our house had the same outside lights when we moved in. I'm not sure what they were thinking.
Allison

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Here's what I have for outside lighting:

It's a Progress P5674 (shown in painted silver) about $52.

They also make a square one:

Progress P5643 (shown in bronze) About $120.

To search for lighting that is not in your eyes (important to me and I expect it of my neighbors when possible) search for "turtle friendly lighting"

dani
Modern Master

Postby dani » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:13 am

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:26 am

Well, I bought 8 of those and 2 of the up/down versions at once through a lighting showroom and got them much cheaper. I cannot remember how much cheaper. The irony is, Home Depot used to sell them (in white or bronze only) for about $40. I bought several on close out for less than $10.

The squares are anodized metal instead of just painted so that is why they are more expensive. There are also many more manufacturers that make similar fixtures.

I would also consider using very small low voltage down lights in the corridor. I have used these:

Purchased in the spun aluminum and then painted the color of the patio cover they were mounted to. They are only 2.5" wide and 3" long, very discrete. The only problem is getting the wiring to them. Those are Focus SL-09

dani
Modern Master

Postby dani » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:30 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”