Slate floor gloss sealer

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
turboblown
Modern Master

Slate floor gloss sealer

Postby turboblown » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:42 pm

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:14 pm

classic form
Special Secret Modern Agent
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby classic form » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:28 am

Sorry about the unsolicited opinion here but...

Are you sure you want to put a coat of plastic over your natural slate? Just my own personal opinion but I like to feel the material when its used. Cars with wood trim that have been finished with poly ruins the wood for me, a bar that has the same coating on it takes away the pleasure of sitting at it and having a beer...so on.

I realize that I'm comparing wood and stone but I don't think there is a place for poly anywhere. Maybe you could find something to "wet it up" a bit that lasts a little longer?

My first house had irregular shaped slate in it and I always like the way it looked after a mop when it was wet looking so I know how you feel when it gets dull/dry...it looks dirty.

Again, sorry for the not wanted opinion:)

pgharchfan
Modern Fan

Postby pgharchfan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:58 am

I spent several winter breaks from college applying a product called Stonyl to a neighbors slate flooring. As I recall it came from a slate flooring company.

I think we applied it every other year.

Gee, I miss those days....

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”