sheds

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dani
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

sheds

Postby dani » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:06 am

I really don't want a shed, but we need one. Our mower, snow blower, generator, leaf blowers, gas cans and such take up too much garage space. It will be a "garden" shed. I would like it to have potting space and space for garden tools also. I have been keeping an eye out for anything that would look half way decent. I am coming up short. Anyone have any pics or plan sites that have something that would look mid mod? It will not be very visible, It will be set on the wood line.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:44 am

just build a simple, custom post & beam shed. I am working on one now. it will be multipurpose: storage, garden tools, dog house, and a pergola extending from it to cover a small patio and dog kennel. exposed posts and beams with board and batten siding to match the house.

I'll post some drawings soon.

I would not waste money on the stuff you see at retailers.

dani
Modern Master

Postby dani » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:05 pm

Thanks joe!

We have this "thing" next to our garage. Originally, it was a dog run. the owners even put in a heated concrete pad for the winters. The next owners put a deck over it, because they didn't know what to do with it. The deck is VERY odd and serves no purpose. I was thinking it is the perfect place for a shed. Tear down the deck and build on the heated concrete slab that still works. I would also like a space with a pergola because we are thinking of putting a hot tub there because it is off the master porch. I need to measure the slab, it would be perfect if we can get a little workspace in there too, since the slab is heated. It will all have to be custom, but well worth it in the end.

here is part of the oddness, the post in the very bottom right is about an 12 foot walk (of decking) to the main rectangle deck. I hate all the posts and rails on a 8" high deck.... it's just stupid really.

Miguel
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Miguel » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:05 pm

Not necessarily a shed, but a cool post & beam structure in a Sacramento Carter Sparks designed home (as part of the 2010 Sacramento MCM Tour):

Dave
Modern Groupie

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Here's a link to one Anshen + Allen designed. With building instructions and everything!

dani
Modern Master

Postby dani » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:33 pm

Miguel, that is a real nice structure! I wish I had the space to add that also.

Dave, I have seen the plans for that one. I need something bigger and more inclosed, but is a jumping off point!

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:42 pm

62P&K
Modern Master

Postby 62P&K » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:49 am

Jennie and Zane

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:19 pm

Ready Made Mag used to sell plans for a modern shed but stopped for some reason. However someone has posted them here

scowsa

dani
Modern Master

Postby dani » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:56 pm

Scowsa, thanks this was a lot like what I was thinking!

Thanks everyone!

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”