BH&G plans from the 60's ~ copyright laws, procedure for

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mid20thcentury
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

BH&G plans from the 60's ~ copyright laws, procedure for

Postby mid20thcentury » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:17 pm

I have a set of blueprints from the 60's which are protected by copyright from Meredith Publishing. Has anyone sought to buy a license to use old plans or know the procedure to see if they can be used? Thanks.

FRaC
Modern Socialite

Postby FRaC » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:36 pm

just change the design 10% or so and you should be good

you'll probably be adjusting/redesigning the kitchen, bathrooms, closets, laundry plus structural changes to bring things up to code anyway which would change it enough to not violate the copywrite.

just got the latest issue of CA Modern yesterday and read Joe's article (link below) on Robert Rummer - just follow his lead!

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:55 am

Last edited by Joe on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Slim and Gabby » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:55 am

We too would love to hear what you do!

Several visitors have said they've been in homes exactly like ours in their youth, and ours was not part of a development when it was built in 1960; the neighborhood didn't fill in until the 1980's.
We know that our house was built from some kind of widely publicized plans, and BG & H is the most likely suspect.

We've seen few plans here and there. Anybody know where there is a big grouping (preferably online) of BG&H plans to look at?

Gabby
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:11 pm

mid20thcentury
Modern Groupie

Postby mid20thcentury » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:33 pm

robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby robbhouston » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:50 am

http://www.nashvillemodern.com
A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”