Just got our new Mid Century home! So happy! Images Added

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
clarksdaleplace
Modern Master

Just got our new Mid Century home! So happy! Images Added

Postby clarksdaleplace » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:15 pm

Hey all - well it isn't a totally rocking atomic MCM but it isn't MCNM [mid century not modern] either. We are looking forward to updating or backdating this baby over the next couple of years. I made a blog to chart the progress, so feel free to come and see what we are up to. We just got started so the going may be a bit slow at first. But we are oh so excited to begin this adventure.
Keep it MCM!
C
http://www.clarksdaleplace.blogspot.com
The interior shots are all the previous owners furniture - it was how we found the house when we looked at it with our Realtor.

Last edited by clarksdaleplace on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

scowsa
Modern Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby scowsa » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:10 pm

scowsa

squeaky
Modern Socialite

Postby squeaky » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:46 pm

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:50 pm

clarksdaleplace
Modern Master

Postby clarksdaleplace » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Thanks all -
I havent done any real research into the house other than it was built in 1957 in the area of Dallas roughly known as Ferguson Heights.
If anyone recognizes anything about the house or the area as to who might have made that would be cool to know. I have a feeling it was made by someone who was the friend of a student of a friend of the guy who made really great stuff. This was the model house for the development area so they were definitely into it for, well not cookie cutter houses but certainly to maximize profits. I am just glad a little design got sneaked in as well.

Van
Modern Master

Postby Van » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:30 am

Congrats on the house!

Not sure where Ferguson Heights is but it sounds like it's nearby--we're off Ferguson. 75228

clarksdaleplace
Modern Master

Postby clarksdaleplace » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:34 am

Hey we are just off Peavy, south of Gus Thomasson and a bit north of oats in the 75228 - i'll be moving fairly soon once everything closes - we are excited about the area and discovering stuff and hanging at the lake...

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”